

Yesterday was our first night in our new home and must I say, I slept like a baby, despite the hard bed. Gerald and I both slept for 14 hours! I guess you can say we were exhausted from all the fun events we attended our last weekend in Houston. We had a nice Scottish family party, fun filled day with friends at St. Arnolds, Hefleys, Cheerz, Bar Rob, and Meteor, more good eats with family on Sunday and to top it off, Lady Gaga @ the Toyota Center Sunday night. Pho for lunch Monday and we were on our way. Funny how I chose Vietnamese food as my last meal in Houston for a while. For some reason, everytime we go on vacation or come back from vacation, I want to eat pho. Gerald dislikes pho but he can always eat some beef with rice and eggrolls...haha.
So we arrived in Aberdeen around 11 am local time Tuesday (5am Houston time, there's a 6 hour difference). We kind of unpacked our 6 bags and did some cleaning around the house. Our neighbor houses 7 bird feeders so there's pigeons galore in their backyard, which means bird shit on our windows....I hope the rain takes some of it away because I sure don't want to be cleaning that. The house is nice but is definitely lacking closet space, I guess we took that for granted in Houston. We'll probably have to make our garage storage...haha.
As of right now, we feel like foreigners. We have no car, internet, phone, or tv. We tried getting a phone yesterday but since we don't have credit in the UK, we were denied. I hope there's some way around that because I don't know how much longer I can live without a phone, I feel disconnected. Thank goodness for Skype and internet though. Our furniture and shipment comes in a month so once that arrives, I think it'll be easier to get settle in. In the meantime, I'll just try to make due with what we have. We miss everyone! Bye for now!
Hey Narald!! Glad you guys got in safely and that your are both settled in!! The first month will be the hardest and lonliest, but once all your furniture arrives, you will feel more like at home!! Hang in there and can't wait to see more of your adventures in Scotland =) xoxo..Olivia
ReplyDeleteGlad yall made it ok! _sarah
ReplyDeleteHi Scotland! I'm glad to hear ya'll made it safe and sound! I hope the phone and bird sanctuary gets better for yall... and things get more comfy when all of your stuff arrives. Keep the updates coming!
ReplyDeleteSandra