Sunday, 21 November 2010

Food is always better with Company

It's Sunday and another week has gone by. Weekdays go by slow and of course, the weekends go by fast! Either way, we have 3 weeks until Houston!! Instead of our typical dinner out on Friday, we spent it at a friend's house, cooking and playing the Wi. And with Gerald taking shots of warm Absolut vodka just for the heck of it..haha. My friend Sevil and I made salmon, crabcakes, cous cous, and spinach salad for dinner. Everything was delicious! Sevil has an 8 year old girl who was born in Houston and 3 year old boy that was born in Aberdeen. The girl enjoys hanging out with me because I'm American. She says she feels comfortable around me...kids, they're quite fun! And they're such quick learners; I taught them a few words in Khmer and Chinese and they said them perfectly! It was fun!

the cooks

the drinkers

chamreapsu

On Saturday we went out to Stonehaven to have lunch with Gerald's supervisor. His supervisor is French and is married to a Scottish woman. I enjoyed spending the day with them and hearing their French and Scottish accents, so lovely! We spent the afternoon eating French raclette, drinking, and playing the Wi. I think it's time for Gerald and me to finally buy a Wi. There are so many fun games and it can entertain guests for hours! The Wi Fit is also great for these cold rainy days. After doing a few exercises on it, I actually got a little sore.

Anyhow, we've been trying to do a bit of shopping here for the Holidays but not having that much luck. On Friday, we're going to take the train to Edinburgh for a day of shopping so hopefully it will be better than Aberdeen.

The cake pops I made last week were sold at the AWA Craft Fair for 1 pound each, with all proceeds going to CLAN. Most people have never heard of cake pops before so I wonder what they thought when they ate it...haha. I also made a batch of Sprinkles Vanilla cupcake and one woman loved it so much, she wanted to order some. I think Sprinkles should open a franchise in Aberdeen. Not just for me, but for the Aberdonians as well. The Scottish love their teas and cakes so I think it would do great! The craft fair was fun and I'm glad I got to participate in it this year.

sweet shop

can't wait to get some real Sprinkles!

Well, that's all I have for now. Congrats to the Longhorns for finally getting a win! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving on Thursday with the AWA!

No comments:

Post a Comment