Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Today is February 2, Groundhog day in the states. Supposedly the Groundhog didn’t see his shadow, so that means winter should be coming to an end. That seems to be the case here in Aberdeen, but I don’t know what’s going on over there in the States. Looks like there’s a winter blizzard and Texas is even experiencing some of it. Along with some rolling blackouts, not sure what that's all about. I checked the weather forecast today and Houston was 20 degrees colder than Aberdeen. How is that possible! Hehe. Weather, it’s so unpredictable.

groundhog - no shadow here!

So, I said I would like to blog more, just about my daily experiences and such but there’s nothing too exciting going on at the moment. We’ve had a couple dinners with new friends and I feel we have really built a network here in Aberdeen. For that, I'm super thankful! Last Friday we attended a Burns Supper with CVX and that was tons of fun. Drinking and Scottish dancing, good stuff! We even met a few people from Manila; they're here for work at CVX. It's been fun! Life is good.

me , jennifer & lisa, AWA women at Burns Supper

Chinese New Year, or should I say the Lunar New Year, is tomorrow, February 3. Gerald and I will be celebrating it in Zermatt, Switzerland on the ski slopes! I’ll miss my family during this time and all the food they’ll be devouring. No red envelopes for me since I’m married, but it’s actually my turn to be giving them out to those who are not. Guess I lucked out this year since I’m not in town...haha.

The Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. It is a time for negotiation. Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail. To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise.

We wish Happy New Year, Gung Hay Fat Choy, to all our family and friends! Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment