Friday, 4 March 2011

Somewhere Down in Texas

Howdy!

Rodeo, Crawfish, Cajun Food, and Spring are a few things I’m missing about TEXAS at the moment! I’ve been reading all my friend’s Facebook postings about all of the above and wish I can just fly down for a week to indulge. Note to self: plan trip home in March 2012 =) Speaking of Texas, I saw this in a magazine and thought it was cute. Do you think I’m Tex-y?

Other than that, life here is moving along quickly! We’ve been in Aberdeen the past two weekends just hanging out. We watched 3 movies in the past week and if you know Gerald, that’s ALOT! We watched some of the Oscar nominee movies: The Kids Are All Right, 127 Hours, and The King’s Speech. All were great movies. I think I have a crush on Colin Firth! He’s a very handsome man and he was wearing a kilt at one point. I do love men in kilts; I’ll get Gerald in one before we leave this country. Only a few more movies to watch and we would have watched all the Oscar nominees for the year! That would be the first! Living overseas does have its perks: Gerald watching more movies.

We have a ½ Marathon in 5 weeks and I’m nowhere near ready for it. I did run 6 miles last Saturday, which wasn’t bad, but another 7 is going to be rough. Red bull, ibuprofen, and energy chews will be my best friend come race day! Haha...

This weekend we’re celebrating Mardi Gras, Aberdeen style. The AWA is putting together a party with a second line, Cajun food, hurricanes and all! I’m thinking we need to do a Rodeo Party next year: fried goodness, country dancing and some beer would make for a fun night! We can even have a bbq or chilli cook off! I’ll definitely keep this in mind for next year. Other than that, there’s not much else going on here.

I’ll leave you with this! It’s one of my favourites from George. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i miss texas too! i LOVE rodeo food and crawfish!! :)

    ReplyDelete