Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Christmas 2012 in Houston

We arrived to our Christmas in Houston with a bit of an inconvenience, as all 5 of our luggage did not arrive on our flight. We were expecting this since our plane was a delayed in Aberdeen and our connection time in Paris was less than an hour. Anyhow, they gave us $100 bucks each to buy first needs to help us get by for the next day, since our luggage wasn't going to come until a day later.

I really wanted to avoid going to any malls before Christmas, but I guess we didn't have a choice, so our first stop was the Galleria. There were lots of sales so I ended up getting more than I needed for my one day, which worked out because it took another extra day for MY luggage to get here. Gerald's luggage still hasn't arrived but hopefully it will get here soon.

We didn't really let that stop us from enjoying time with family and friends though. We literally have been on the go since we got in and I'm actually looking forward to a loud, but chill day at my parents house today. We celebrated Christmas Eve with the Pena's last night and Gerald and I cooked up a meat feast. By Gerald's request, we didn't do the traditional turkey for Christmas this year and opted for brisket and sausage,with ham and all the fixings. Let's just say it was a good meal! All the cousins are getting older now.  We're now talking about jobs and weddings, and we're still getting the baby question, from EVERYONE! It doesn't help that there's a cute little one running around, that makes everyone want more. The last time I saw him, he was only a few weeks old! I also feel older, instead of gossiping with the cousins, I was playing mahjong with the aunties! What is the world coming to? haha. Gerald got me a new mahjong set for Christmas so we've been trying to get as much play time in as we can. I actually learned how to play the Chinese version, since they all thought the American version was too hard.







It was also my first time to meet my first goddaughter, Danica. We had to go to the mall again to get Gerald more clothes, so I got to have some cuddles with her while walking around. She's so adorable and I discovered she really likes to look at herself in the mirror.



Anyhow, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Enjoy your day wherever you are!

Love,

Nary + Gerald

No comments:

Post a Comment