Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Scotland Road Trip Part 5 - The Final Stop - Dunvegan

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, because I really need to start packing for my trip to Texas! We decided to stay in Dunvegan for our last and final night of our road trip because it was closer to The Three Chimney's restaurant, where we were having dinner. 

We arrived to Dunvegan mid afternoon and headed straight to the castle for a bit of touring. We saw a sign for the Seal Boat tours and just had to take it, totally worth the £6 on top of our £10 admission fee into the castle. Here's what you get for £16!







No pics in the Castle but it was definitely one of my favorites!


We did a bit more pottery shopping at Edinbane Pottery and then went to rest up at the Kilmuir Park B&B before dinner. 


I've heard a lot about The Three Chimneys in guidebooks so just had to try it out while we were here. The head chef, Michael Smith,  was recently on the show "The Great British Menu." Anyhow, I won't go into details about our food, just know it was very tasty and very different from anything that I've ever eaten. We both enjoyed our meal very much, ambiance was nice, waitstaff great, and definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. Tables book up pretty fast, so I suggest you book well in advance. Here's what we had...

The Three Chimneys


Aperitif - Hendricks and Tonic w/ cucumbers


Our Menu - sealed with their own monogram wax seal; they even provided a letter opener



Bread & Butter


Amuse Bouche - Seafood chowder


1st Course


2nd Course


3rd Course


4th Course - "The Oyster Man's" oysters


5th Course


6th Course


7th Course


The Three Chimneys was a great ending to our wonderful trip out west. We were thankful to have great weather, meet nice people, eat good food and most importantly getting to each location safe and sound. Gerald did a wonderful job driving and even let me sleep during our last 2 hour drive home =) Hope you enjoyed going on this journey with us and if you're loving Scotland after these posts, please come visit. I promise to be an awesome tour guide =P

No comments:

Post a Comment