Wednesday, 11 December 2013

'Tis the Season {for Holiday Lights}

One of my favorite things about this time of the year are the Christmas/Holiday lights around town. It just makes the city look prettier and festive and puts me in the holiday spirit. Aberdeen's Union street was lined up with holiday banners and I sure do miss seeing it around this time of the year. It always made walking in the pitch dark at 3pm so much more pleasant. Anyhow, we heard about the Holiday Lights at the CALM {California Living Museum} Zoo here in Bakersfield and I immediately knew we had to go. We attended an arts and culture event on Friday night in downtown bako and I wasn't completely impressed so I was hoping this would lift my spirits about local activities around town.

We drove out about 20 minutes east towards the Kern oil fields and came across the lights as we were driving up. It looked okay from the parking lot, but when we got inside, it was a different story. It was seriously like attending a Zoo of lights, which was super neat. The lights were interactive; it showed dolphins swimming, elephants shooting water, dinosaurs eating, coyotes howling etc. Top that off with a cup of hot chocolate and we had a successful night out. There were some animals you could visit as well, but it was hard to see them in the dark {kind of creepy actually}. We will have to return another time to check out the zoo itself. I left the place smiling, with spirits lifted =)






















Happy Holidays Friends!


1 comment: