Thursday, 6 February 2014

Bako Life {3 1/2 months}

Wow, it's been 3 1/2 months since we've moved to Bakersfield and I still feel like we have not settled in. We don't really have a steady routine, still running around town trying to discover things and house is still not organized! But, overall, I'm enjoying our time here. The renovations on the house are coming along, but I swear, as soon as they finish one thing, we want to do another! We seriously have to stop this! haha.

Aside from house stuff, here's what we've been up to, pretty much EATING! We don't have full access to our kitchen as there is always something being done around the area, so I haven't been able to cook much. It's okay though, because we've enjoyed exploring the different eateries around town.

Asia Market {a bit dodgy but they have everything I need to cook a yummy Asian meal}




Mahjongg! So happy I get to play again! We've had Mahjongg Friday Nights twice now with Jill and Brian {neighbors and fellow CVX family}.


Pappy's Diner - good 'ole American country diner! LOVE it!





Happy Hour! I went to my first Happy Hour in Bako at The Padre Hotel with Junior League. This is a Rosey Mule {Moscow Mule with some pomegranate}, so yummy! I'm starting to make some friends =)


Typical Day in Bako - HAZE! Air Quality Sucks!


Village Grill Brunch - I so missed my American and Mexican breakfasts! Can't wait to enjoy the patio area soon; it's still cold here but hoping it will warm up any day now!




Great Castle - Chinese New Year Dinner - we were the only Asians dining, I was quite surprised, it being Chinese New Year and all, and it was yummy!



best dumplings in Bakersfield!



El Patio - finally a decent Mexican restaurant. One of the contractors working on the house works here in the evening as a bus boy so we decided to check it out. Lots of food for a cheap price and good too! Will definitely be coming back =)



Super Bowl Sunday - we went over to a friend's place {CVX family} to watch the game in their theatre room and grilled some ribs! can't wait for Summer Grilling season! The hosts and us were the only Americans there! There was a couple from Australia and Trish, our friend from Aberdeen, who is Irish. Besides Trish, the other two girls work with Gerald in McKittrick =)  No one really cared to watch the game....


The most cars I've seen on our street in 3 months {neighbors were having a Super Bowl party}


Junior League - So we started brainstorming and preparing for our Provisional Project and I've decided to sign up to help with decorations and food and drinks committee =P I'm starting to get to know the other members more now and excited to get involved in the community. I'm volunteering for the Ronald McDonald house here this weekend =)


we had our first provisional meeting at a Wine Bar, I like how our class thinks!


here are some of the members at the All Day Training {I missed it since I was in Vegas}. 


Right, that's it for the Bako Life 3 1/2 months! I'm happy that we're starting to meet friends we can hang out with, and hopefully we can start moving in some furniture this weekend! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You will be the BEST provisional. So happy you are enjoying JL and love seeing photos of how you are turning your new house into a home for you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete