I'm continuing my post on our trip to Austria....
After a couple of days of exploring Vienna, we took the train down to Salzburg, for none other, than the Sound of Music Tour! Upon arriving in Salzburg, Gerald and I watched The Sound of Music on the iPad on our 2 1/2 hour journey through the countryside of Austria.
The train was quite interesting as all the cabins had 6 seater "pods" with a door. See below.
We thought we were going to have to share earphones to listen to the movie but we had our own private pod, all for the price of a 2nd class ticket! With our bottle of wine, snacks, and The Sound of Music blasting, riding through the Austrian countryside was fantastic. I would describe the tour for you, but since I'm short on time, I'll let the Panorama Tour group do it: http://www.panoramatours.com/salzburg-Original-Sound-of-Music-Tour.aspx
Here's a short clip of our Sound of Music Tour through the countryside of Salzburg:
Although the tour was fun, I was a bit disappointed that the tour didn't allow us to stay at each of these locations longer, but overall it was great and I recommend it. Make sure you get a window seat =)
We spent the rest of our time in Salzburg exploring the old town: visiting Mozarts home, going to the shops and cafes and visiting the Salzburg Castle. Salzburg is a very charming city in a beautiful setting. It's small with not much to see or do, but that's just what we needed.
That is all for now, so I shall say "So long, farewell, it's time to bid good night!"
After a couple of days of exploring Vienna, we took the train down to Salzburg, for none other, than the Sound of Music Tour! Upon arriving in Salzburg, Gerald and I watched The Sound of Music on the iPad on our 2 1/2 hour journey through the countryside of Austria.
The train was quite interesting as all the cabins had 6 seater "pods" with a door. See below.
We thought we were going to have to share earphones to listen to the movie but we had our own private pod, all for the price of a 2nd class ticket! With our bottle of wine, snacks, and The Sound of Music blasting, riding through the Austrian countryside was fantastic. I would describe the tour for you, but since I'm short on time, I'll let the Panorama Tour group do it: http://www.panoramatours.com/salzburg-Original-Sound-of-Music-Tour.aspx
Here's a short clip of our Sound of Music Tour through the countryside of Salzburg:
Although the tour was fun, I was a bit disappointed that the tour didn't allow us to stay at each of these locations longer, but overall it was great and I recommend it. Make sure you get a window seat =)
We spent the rest of our time in Salzburg exploring the old town: visiting Mozarts home, going to the shops and cafes and visiting the Salzburg Castle. Salzburg is a very charming city in a beautiful setting. It's small with not much to see or do, but that's just what we needed.
That is all for now, so I shall say "So long, farewell, it's time to bid good night!"

Hi Nary! My 10 year old self is very very jealous of your Sound of Music Tour :-) I love reading about all of your adventures! And it looks like it won't be long before I may have some of my own, since David and I recently found out we will be moving to Australia later this summer! I'm very nervous, but excited too. Any words of advice on living abroad? Come see us? Please? :-)
ReplyDelete