For book club this month, the group read
The Winter Sea, also known as
Sophia's Secret, by Susanna Kearsley. I say "the group" read because with all that's been going on this past month, I didn't get a chance to read the book, but it is definitely on my list. I'll have to read the current book,
Dream Angus, first before going back to this one. Anyhow, the book takes place in Scotland, at the ruins of Slains Castle, which is about a 45 minute drive from Aberdeen. Even though I didn't read the book, I wanted to take part in the adventure anyways...
The girls and I headed to Cruden Bay on Monday and we got more than we were expecting =) Check out my friend's blog post about it:
http://aberdeenwife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/today-was-fairytaleand-historical-novel.html?spref=fb
here's some pics I took during our walk
I also came across some of Susanna's pictures from her website:
http://www.susannakearsley.com/winterseaphotos.html
It's cool to see the different seasons of this place. And, we even took the same picture of one of the corridors inside the castle =)
Hope you get a chance to read the book one day!
I have a sample of this downloaded. Now that I have a visual I need to download the full book!
ReplyDeletePicked up from the library and am already knee deep in this book. Thanks for sharing the pics.. I am a very visual person and they will help immerse myself.
ReplyDelete