I made the cake while Tanvi took care of the caramel. Let's just say we didn't realize how easy it was to make delicious salted caramel! Of course, the video from the link above helped, as when Tanvi went to pour in the cream, it bubbled up so fast that if she didn't see it happening in the video, it could have been a complete mess! Anyhow, after tasting the caramel more than a handful of times, we decided that it was ace! We let the caramel cool and worked on the salted buttercream icing. More sugar, more caramel, more delish! I'm telling you, that caramel does wonders. This icing is probably one of the best icing I've ever tasted.
While Tanvi whipped that together, I made us some lunch from yet another Pinterest recipe. What would I do without Pinterest. We had goat's cheese, carmelized onion, and spinach quesadillas. Top that with some Mrs. Renfro's mango habernero salsa and you're talking money!
After lunch, we started assembling the cupcakes, and licking up all the mess...haha! I love salted caramel everything, and this is definitely my new favorite! I'm just so happy that it was super easy to make =)

fill the hole with the goodness

watch it ooze

frost that baby

add a sprinkle of sea salt for the final touch and voila!


I hope everyone will enjoy them as much as we did; birthday boy even had a taster for dessert tonight and approved. on a scale of 1 to 10, he gave it a 10, so mission accomplished. Thanks Tanvi for being my partner in crime today.
Glad the birthday boy approved! I'm down to bake anytime! Can't wait for some of that salted caramel tonight:)
ReplyDeletelooks yumbo!!!
ReplyDeleteThey were awesome! For sure a 10:)
ReplyDeleteyummy! Let's make these at next potluck!!!
ReplyDelete