Gerald's 31st bday was a success. We enjoyed great food at Josephine's with great friends. Then, back to the house for champagne & cupcakes and a night out at Paramount, dressed up with lips and mustaches. We ended the night early (midnight) so we could catch some zzzz's before heading out to Braemar for the Highland games the following morning. We are so thankful for the group of friends we have here in Aberdeen and as with every special occasion, are missing friends and family from back home.
The Braemar games are extra special because the Queen attends them with her entourage. This year, Prince Charles and Camilla, Princess Anne and Tim (I think), and the Queen and Prince Philip. Prince Philip has been ill and was recently at hospital in Aberdeen so it was good to see him out and enjoying the games. The Queen arrived at 3 and left at 4, I guess one hour watching tug-o-war and caber tossing was enough for your Royal Highness. It was so cool to see her; she is just so cute! I was super lucky to catch a great pic of her as we were walking back to the car and she was heading back to Balmoral. She waved at me, too cool!
Well, the weekend has definitely been fun! Now, off to Tuscany for some R&R. I also get to see my friend, Taylor, in Florence so "goodbye" summer and "hello" fall! Must pack now.
cool! you great pic of the queen!
ReplyDelete