Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Warm Apple Pie!

With all the things I've baked over the years, can you believe this was my first time baking a PIE!! I've never ever wanted to make pie, not even with the pre-made pie crust. I don't even have a pie dish so even if i wanted to make pie, I couldn't. I've also determined that I like to make cute little goodies, such as mini cupcakes, cookies, donuts, macarons, etc. I like the "cuteness" of things, and although pies are yummy, they're not very cute. However, while making this apple pie with some girlfriends, I thought about making mini pies! Now that would be cute....

Anyhow, Liz provided us with the yummy Paula Deen recipe and off we went. Speaking of Paula Deen, it's sad about what happened recently but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop using her recipe; woman has some great ones.

We started off by peeling and cutting up the apples


Jessica was making the dough for the pie crust



And Liz was mixing up the sauce


We realized the dough needed to be refrigerated for up to 2 hours so to speed up the process, we thought we could put it in the freezer for maybe 30 minutes. After gossiping away, we decided it was time to assemble the pie, but the dough was frozen! So we had to wait another 30 minutes for it to thaw out. Anyhow, Laine and Liz assembled the pie with a crunch top {brown sugar and butter} and popped it in the oven...It's not cute, but it's still pretty, latticed and all. 


After about an hour or so of baking, the house smelled amazing and we couldn't wait to dig in. 


So we let it cool for about 15 minutes before we took a bite. Thanks for showing me how to make pie! All that was missing was some vanilla ice cream. YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Apple pie is my Thanksgiving specialty :-) Yours looks like it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete