Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Solvang, CA

Over the weekend, we did a little road trip to the coast and stopped off in Solvang for a wander. We heard it was a cute Danish town that was founded in 1911 and established as a California city in 1985. We always wanted to go to Copenhagen, Denmark and never made it out there so I guess this was close enough. There were windmills, bakeries, and buildings that looked quite European but the wide roads really gave it away that this was NOT Denmark. We still enjoyed it nonetheless; we even got to see a statue of Hans Christian Anderson and a mini replica of the Little Mermaid, so all was good! We had a Danish meal of hot dogs and aebleskiver for lunch and did some Christmas browsing, which is always fun. Of course, I don't think this little town compares to the real thing, but a girl can always pretend. I definitely think it was worth a stop if it's on your way, but by no means go out of your way to get here.











No comments:

Post a Comment