The first line of business in Houston was to celebrate Kylie's Baptism. Kylie was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church on Saturday, December 21, 2013 by Raymark's uncle, Deacon David, who flew in from Maryland to perform the ceremony. It was a nice, private ceremony held in front of close family and friends. Gerald and I, along with Jason and Stacey received the honor of being Kylie's Godparents. Miss Kylie did very well and I think she just enjoyed having all the attention on her for the day =) She wore a gown that her mother, Geraldine, wore when she got baptized 32 years ago! I thought that was such a sweet touch to the day. Gerald has the same gown so we will see if we do the same thing once we have a little one.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We continued the celebration at Grotto and by then, Miss Kylie was pooped and slept pretty much the entire time! Gi made a heart sign-in board for her to remember her special day, which I loved. During the lunch, we got to catch up with some of our friends and family, so it was a great start to our two weeks in Houston!
Welcome to the Church, Kylie! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment