Thursday, 30 January 2014

Weekend in LA {MLK}

A few weekends ago, we drove down to LA to meet up with some friends flying in from Houston, Austin and SF. We have a few college friends that live in LA, so stayed with one of them and enjoyed a weekend of eating and drinking! There is no better way to spend time with friends than to do the above. For me, it was more eating than drinking because I really can't hang anymore, but I do enjoy a good bottle of wine, some cheese and good conversations. We are so blessed to have friends who we don't see very often, but when we do, it's like nothing ever changed. I'm looking forward to building new relationships with some of our CA friends that we never really got to hang out with often, but now that we're here, there is no excuse. We're heading to LA for a night before flying out for ATX in Feb for a wedding and I'll be spending a weekend there in March after I drop Gerald off at the airport for a bachelor's party in Breckenridge. Flights are just so much cheaper out of LAX and with the drive being about 1.5-2 hrs and friends we can stay with the night before, it's so worth it. Plus, I'm looking forward to trying out more restaurants there. There are so many!

For the weekend, we tried out two new places, Baco Mercat and Horse Thief BBQ {co-owned by fellow college friend that my friends knew}.







Went to Korean BBQ. Lots of yummy all-you-can-eat goodness for cheap! Love this stuff!



Had a wine and cheese night at Kevin and Deanne's.


Went to Quality Seafood in Redondo Beach for some live seafood.





Gerald and I split from the group late Sunday afternoon to stroll around Venice Beach area and then headed home. We walked about Abbot Kinney street, went out to the beach to watch the sunset {they're amazing out here!} and then stopped off at Toms cafe for a coffee {Toms shoe + coffee = perfect} and Abbot's Pizza Company for a slice before hitting the road! 








See you soon, LA!

1 comment:

  1. Great times with great company! 'Twas good seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete