Saturday, 9 October 2010

Cake Pops!

Cupcakes have been a craze for quite a while in the States and now it seems that Cake Pops have come to take it's place. With cake pops, you can do so many things for all sorts of occasions. Bakerella just posted one to celebrate the Diamond Edition Blue Ray DVD release of Beauty and the Beast http://www.bakerella.com/teapop-party/. How cute is this?

Anyhow, I really enjoy baking cupcakes and thought I'd give cake pops a shot. With a few tips from a friend who's super at making cake pops, I semi-succeeded at producing my first batch. Of course, I had some help. A friend and I spent our Friday evening melting candy melts, sticking cake balls, dipping and decorating. It was not a simple task, especially with a tiny freezer but we managed to come out with about 40 cake pops. They're not perfect but they sure do taste good. We made chocolate cake with buttercream icing cake pops and decorated however we pleased. We learned a few things while going through the process so hopefully our next go round will turn out better. Either way, we had a great time and now we have some decent cake pops to share with our friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment