Wednesday, 6 October 2010

I LOVE Company!

I drove to the airport today (by myself) to drop off our first visitor.  Mickie spent 5 days with us here in Aberdeen and it was great fun. We didn't do much but we sure did eat a lot.  I think I gained a few pounds since she arrived.  We welcomed Mickie to Aberdeen with dinner at Nargile, a Turkish restaurant.  This was the start of a foodie weekend















The next morning, we spent some time at the International Street Market, eating everything in sight; German sausages, Polish pieroge, Aberdonian burger, Dutch pancakes, Churros and Mickie had a whole bag of cotton candy to herself!  I've always loved fair food and while I couldn't get any corndogs or sausage on a stick, this international "food fair" was a treat.  Since Mickie has been away from the States for a few weeks now, we opted to cook a few home cook meals as well. Let's just say we're tired of mac n cheese..hehe.  We had fun conversations and I really enjoyed the company.  We even had Indian food together; something I can never do with Gerald.

Yesterday was Mickie's last night here and she never really gambled before so we took her to Soul Casino.  After 2 hours of play, we all came back even.  It was a good night. We both enjoyed our time with Mickie and are looking forward to our next visitor in a few weeks.

Tomorrow, I shall attempt my first long distance walk/hike.  We are heading to Loch Muick on the Balmoral Estate. Per the organizer's email,  "It's a 7.75 mile circuit around the lake, providing great views of the Munro (mountain > 3000 ft) "Lochnagar." The walk passes by the Glas-allt Shiel house built by Queen Victoria from where there is an optional detour to see some waterfalls. The paths around the loch are good with no ascent. The walk takes approximately 2-3 hours."  Time to put my new hiking boots to use. So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment