.jpg)
Despite the busyness of it all, we’ve been having a great time. As soon as Rob got into town we took him for Fish & Chips at Ashvale (our favourite place for fish & chips) and later visited Dunnottar Castle. Like our first time to the Castle, he was amazed by the beauty of the bright green grass and blue ocean water against the gray/brown stones of what remained of the Castle. To celebrate his arrival, we opened a bottle of whiskey (winefor me) and caught up. Internet is great for chatting and the phone is always nicefor conversations, but there’s nothing like being in the same room and sharing stories with a friend. Brazilian steakhouse, Whiskey Bar, nightclub with house music, pitchers of drink, andgambling is the type of nightlife you can find off Union Street in Aberdeen. Gerald and I have never gone out in Aberdeen so it was fun to see.
the grill - whiskey bar (they drink it neat here)
old school bar
On Sunday morning, when most people should be at Church, we took a drive down to the Whiskey Trail. Of course we had to visit Glenfiddich. Our original plan was to hit up 3 distilleries but with the tour lasting a good amount of time, we were only able to go to 2: Glenfiddich and Strathisla (Chivas Brothers). I don’t drink whisky but learning about the process of how it’s made was interesting. It’s neat because there are only so many whiskey distilleries as opposed to thousands of wineries; same concept but different feel. Tastings aren’t as good in my opinion but I’m sure Rob and Gerald thought otherwise. Our tour guide at Glenfiddich said she never enjoyed whiskey until she learned about all the different taste of each. Now her husband isn’t happy that he has to share, so maybe I will come around.
glenfiddich distillery

Monday, Rob and I took the train to Edinburgh for a day trip. It was my first time visiting the city s well so that was fun. We arrived at the train station at 6:30am, half asleep. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and contains a lot of Scotland’s history. We spent the morning at the Edinburgh Castle grounds and found ourselves in a pub eating Haggis balls and drinking in the afternoon. Rob and I both thought Haggis was great, so I’m not sure what all the fuss was about. Granted we had deep fried ones, but we still made sure to eat just the haggis itself without any batter to make sure we had the real deal. After arriving back from Edinburgh we spent the next 2 evenings at the Casino. Rob says it’s dangerous that we live within walking distance of 3 casinos!
haggis balls

We dropped Rob off at the airport Wednesday morning at 5:00 am and welcomed our first snow! I am once again a Chevron employee (contractor) and it feels good to be back in the office. I’ll have to dedicate another blog post about my new job. So far, everything is great besides having to wake up at a scheduled time.
parking lot of CVX
No comments:
Post a Comment