Monday, 28 May 2012

Sunshine in the Deen

It's been a beautiful week or so in Scotland; perfect time to have visitors!

Sam & Mickey made a quick trip up here from London after visiting their brother. I love seeing familiar faces here and we had a great time. Gerald took off work on Thursday and we drove them out to Glenfiddich Distillery for some whiskey tasting, and smelling for Mickey =) Afterwards, we stopped off at Balvenie Castle for a bit of exploring. They both came prepared for some rain, and got what they wanted while visiting the castle. Despite the beautiful day, there was a short, hard down pour that we were caught in. At least they got to experience rain in Scotland...haha. The next day, I took them to Crathes Castle and Garden and we did a bit of shopping around town. Overall, the trip was short and sweet and I'm so glad we got to share a bit of our experience with them.











































Turns out, we had a surprise visit from the Scott's as well. I worked with Don & Kristen at CVX, Bellaire for a few years and Don was in town for an audit, Kristen, visiting. We did a bit of hanging out Saturday night with their first Indian food experience and even had smores in Scotland at a friend's place. Sunday, I took them out to see a bit of the countryside to Pitmedden Gardens and Tolquhon Castle. We found a field of rapeseed and did a little photo shoot as well. It was an unexpected visit from them but I'm glad I got to show them around a bit. We even saw loads of sunbathers out at Aberdeen Beach! 

















The weather couldn't have been any better for our visitors. I'm looking forward to our next group of visitors in June and August! I love playing tour guide.

Well, that's me for the month of June, just about. I'll be heading to Cambodia for 3 weeks this coming Thursday and will be blogging on a separate blog about my trip. As soon as I get the new blog up, I'll post it so ya'll can follow that if you want as well.

Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to sharing my Cambodia trip with you!

Laters baby!

1 comment:

  1. Nice little touch, Nary! "Laters baby!" They are making t-shirts with that on the front! So glad the weather was perfect for your visitors. I'll miss you much while you're in Cambodia but I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete