Monday, 8 October 2012

Eat, Play, Bowl!

This year, I have volunteered to be 2nd VP of the AWA, in charge of the group's social events. Luckily, I am not the only one with this role. My good friend, Tanvi, is also 2nd VP and my partner in crime. Tanvi loves to entertain, and so do I, so it just made sense that we're in this role. 



Our first event of the 2012-2013 year was the Fall Social. We wanted to put on something where people would be free to mingle as they please and not be confined to a table for a sit down dinner most of the evening. So we decided to go with a bowling night! Included in our bowling night was a round on the bumper cars and a simple meal. The highlight of the evening was 2 games of bowling with a DJ and music playing in the background. And what's a social without drinks? There was a bar conveniently located behind our lanes as well, perfect! 





To spice up the night even more, we decided on a sports theme where everyone would wear their favorite sports apparel or collegiate gear, along with a pair of crazy socks! What a hit! It was nice to be able to pull out some of my Longhorn gear and see others in them as well. With most of the members being from Texas, we had a good amount of Texans fan and of course...Aggies.





There was a great turnout of 45 people and we had a blast! Some other events that are in the works are the Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas Luncheon. I think I might put this accounting degree away and become a party planner...hehe.

In addition to the Fall Social this past weekend, I was being a social butterfly myself, with Gerald being offshore. I went out for a friends bday and danced until 3:00 am, which ended with late night pizza. Reminded me of my 6th St. days, but the pizza was not as great as Ropollos! Late night eats aren't the greatest here and I feel we can make a killing with some Whataburger,  Chacos, Best Wurst, or Mai's...haha. If you're looking to make some money, I would suggest moving to Aberdeen and opening a late night eatery.


Now, time to detox before our trip to Bali and the PI! We leave fresh and early Saturday morning and I can't wait. Some R&R with G-man and then meeting up the familia in Manila. Now, I must get off my butt and get this week started...

No comments:

Post a Comment