Today's crafty project consisted of making wine charms. I typically don't use wine charms when hosting, but what a great idea they are! Keeping track of your wine glass at a party can be a struggle if you're always running around and setting things down in random places like me. I finally got a set just the other week that I've been wanting since last Christmas but never got around to searching them out (they were sold out everywhere last Christmas). I stumbled upon some at a local gift shop, NOVA.
Anyhow, once a month, I get together with a group called, The Craftniche, and we come up with different crafts to try out together. This month's activity was making wine charms using beads that a few of the ladies had. I started off going for a colorful African theme, since the beads I was using came from Africa, but got bored of it quick. After making two, I was ready to move on to something else.
There were some pretty orange and white beads staring right at me, so I decided to go for the Longhorn theme. Although not quite burnt orange, it works.

I ended up making 6 wine charms altogether and it took me almost 3 hours! They might seem easy to make, but placing those tiny beads in the loop and knotting the wire for the dangle and the ring is not as easy as you think. Thank goodness we had some veteran wine charm makers on hand to help us or else I would have been there all day! I had so much fun and might be making some of these for Christmas presents; if you get some, don't be surprised.
I'm so jealous I missed this one. Teach me how to make them!!!
ReplyDelete