Part of the reason for me coming home this trip was to help throw a baby shower for Geraldine and her soon to be baby girl, Kylie. Yes. They picked a name and I love it. Her best friends, Rachelli and Jennifer, were my partners in crime for this event! Rach and I planned Gi's bachelorette in NYC and had a blast doing it so I was excited to work with her on this event as well. We definitely couldn't have done it without Jennifer though. She is the only one living in Houston at the moment and had access to all things needed for the shower that Rach and I couldn't bring from Scotland or San Francisco! She also offered her beautiful home for us to host the shower at as well! Since I have a lot of time on my hands these days, I wanted to try and make/do as much as possible on my own without buying and everything turned out just how Gi would have wanted. It was nice to catch up with some of the girls I haven't seen in a while ( since Gi's bachelorette party) and meet some new girls as well.
Welcome to Baby Kylie's1st Tea Party
We had all the guest sign "The Tiger Who Came to Tea" book so Kylie can see who was all at her shower:)
Food Table- finger food, including homemade tea sandwiches
Dessert Table - homemade salted caramel cupcakes, macarons from SF, goodies from Scotland, scones, and the cutest Diaper cake made by Jennifer
Drinks Table - Mimosa bar, watermelon juice and OJ
Favors Table - hand packaged Fortnum & Mason tea bags and Dean's shortbread cookies
Prizes - we played celebrity baby names, celebrity baby guess, match the sock and hot potato baby; winners of the games received prizes from Isle of Skye Candle company and David's Tea
Decor
Gifts - We asked all the guest to bring a book to help build Baby Kylie's library in lieu of a card.
And last but not least....I made monthly onesies for Kylie so I can see how much she's growing every month. Hopefully, Gi and Raymark will remember to take pictures of her in them:) I know they're going to have their hands full. I also gave her her first set of pearls! Told ya she's going to be spoiled...
We hope everyone had a great time at Kylie's 1st tea party! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy Gi and can't wait to meet my new niece!
Also, a huge thanks to Rachelli and Jennifer for the help! Great minds plan great parties..cheers!
To top off the day, Gi gave us hostess gifts in the form of a lovely frame with Kylie's due date and treats from local Houston bakeries! And you thought we were doing all the spoiling:)
You guys did such a great job!
ReplyDelete