Day 4 of Blogtember: A story about a time you were very afraid.
I've been thinking about this all day and really can't recall a time where I have been very afraid? I do remember a time where I should have been very afraid, but because it happened all so fast, I didn't even have a chance to even think about it. So technically, this could work...
My friend, Henry {who was visiting home from NYC} and I, had been out for drinks in Midtown, Houston with some of my coworkers from Ryan and his buddies. This was after college, when I was still living at home with my parents in the Northside. Anyhow, we started off with happy hour and ended up staying out until the bars closed at 2 am. It was time to head home so we said our goodbyes and got in the car. Henry and I were on our merry little way back to the Northside, driving down one of the downtown streets, when out of nowhere, we get hit by a car! Our car {which belonged to Henry's sister} spun around and hit a light post and next thing you know, we stopped. We looked at each other like, WTF just happened! Henry was driving the speed limit and going as he should at a green light when this happened. I know we had been drinking but didn't think we were drunk or anything! We got out of the car to assess the vehicle and ourselves and thankfully, we were okay. The car on the other hand was a different story; the front was smashed in pretty good {it ended up being totaled}. As soon as we stepped out, a man came up to us asking "Are you guys okay?" and then proceeded to say "That car just ran the red light and kept going! I saw it with my own eyes and I can give you a statement when the police arrives." {thank God we had a witness}. He just left the metro bus station and was walking around to try and find a way to get to wherever he was going {he actually ended up asking us for some money afterwards, but we didn't have any cash so I felt bad!} Anyhow, the accident sobered us up quick! The police came, took the statement from us and the witness and got the car towed away. I was so thankful that he didn't check our alcohol level and nail us for possibly driving under the influence. I was so scared that we were going to get arrested or something. We called Henry's mom to come and pick us up {there was no way I was calling my parents and Gerald was working in Egypt at the time} and she arrived about 30 minutes later. In that 30 minutes, we were approached by some drag queen looking girls {their trunk was full of wigs, supposedly they were hair dressers} to help change their flat tire. That was the last thing I wanted to do, but being the nice guy Henry was, he went for it, which ended up being one of the hardest tire change ever for him {somehow couldn't get the hubcap screws to come off}. He felt we needed to pay it forward after what had just happened to us. Henry's mom arrived a short time later and took us home. I woke up the next morning with a huge bruise across my chest, from the seat belt, and felt quite sore. I was still in shock and just thankful that nothing worse had happened. It almost felt like a dream....
 |
| Me & Henry |
 |
| The Ryan Crew + Henry & friends {not sure how I ended up being the only girl out that night} |
 |
| the damage, ouch! |
Well, there goes my story about a time I was very afraid. Ever since that night, I was always just that bit hesitant of driving after a night out, scared that something similar would happen. Too bad they never found that guy. On the other hand, Henry's sister was able to take the insurance money from the car wreck and use it to travel and teach in Vietnam, where she ended up meeting her husband. You see, I believe everything happens for a reason. We might not know it at the time, but in the end, everything will somehow work out =) BTW, this all happened on April 1....
 |
| Henry's Siblings at his wedding {brother, brother's gf, sister, sister's husband} |
Happy Friday!
So nice pictures except car accident
ReplyDelete