Saturday, 7 September 2013

Last Free Weekend in the 'Deen! {Eeeks}

This weekend is the last free weekend we have in Aberdeen {sad face}. I'm getting more and more excited about the move as I talk to friends and family from back home, but having to think about all the work involved with moving will be a pain. I won't think about that just yet as we have some very fun things planned for the rest of our stay here {5 more weekends}. Here goes...

1. Lake District, England - Gerald and I {hopefully a couple of our other friends} will be exploring the "highlands" of England. I've heard such great things about this place so I wanted to go check it out for myself. Hopefully the nice weather will stay and it will be all that I've dreamed of {I'm sure it's not going to be better than Scotland though}...

courtesy of Nick-Thorne
2. London Town - this will be our fourth {Gerald's 5th} time in London and we plan to do a whole lot of nothing. Well, nothing super touristy that is. We're staying in the Shoreditch area and just plan to explore the east side, visit some of the markets, local shops, and eateries. Gerald wants to go to the Tate Modern museum but other than that, we'll just be strolling the streets of London with no set plans in mind...

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/375618_479141065501061_1332153699_n.jpg
3. Girls//Guys weekend - Gerald will be heading to Gleneagles with some of his buddies to play a round of golf, drink whisky, and eat steaks, while I'll be here in the 'Deen celebrating a friends bachelorette party and who knows what else. We've built a good network of friends here so it will be nice to get in some quality time with them before we leave.

http://www.golfbusinessnews.com
4. Marrakech, Morocco - This trip has been in the works for a while and is actually what's keeping us here through October. Gerald wanted to make sure we made this trip before we head back, so asked if we could move after. We're going with our friends, James & Tash, so it should be fun! I have no idea what to expect {tangines and colorful things}, but to say you've been to Morocco will be cool!

http://englishstatic.nuqudy.com/ArticleImages/Size1/Marrakech_Morocco_Bab_Aganou_LionelLeoWiki.JPG
5. Nick Nairn Cooking Class //Leaving Do- The girls got me a gift certificate to a Nick Nairn's {a famous Scottish chef} cooking class so I finally booked one! I decided to go for the 'Just Shellfish' class, which will be on the day of our leaving do {going away party}, so hopefully I won't be too tired to party afterwards...

courtesy of BBC
That pretty much sums up the rest of our time here. In between, we plan to do some organizing, packing, and hanging out as much as we can with our fellow Aberdonian expats! I know October 17 is going to come sooner than we know, so we have to make the most of the remainder our time here! Hope you have a great weekend!

**I apologize for the source info; I'm not very good at citing sources....**

1 comment:

  1. What did you spend your last free weekend doing?!

    So jealous you're going to Morocco! I wanted to go so badly when I was in Spain, but at the time, my program advised that it wasn't safe for us to go. :-( Another expat blogger recently posted her trip to Morocco- maybe helpful in planning your trip?
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com/search/label/Morocco

    ReplyDelete