We moved into temporary housing on Friday and it's feeling more real that Bakersfield will be our new home. We decided to live in a 2/2 unfurnished apartment, on a month to month deal, until we find a house. We are currently sleeping on air mattresses {thanks to our new friend Jill}, sitting on a futon and eating off a folding table {future mahjongg table} and two folding chairs. It's actually pretty cute and works just fine. Gerald and I were teasing and said we could live like this forever; who needs all the other fluff?? Hehe. Gerald bought a TV {box was bigger than Gerald} and I got my Nespresso machine {with fancy lights}; all is good:) We have everything we need to cook, but no baking supplies. I'll start baking again once I get a Kitchen Aid, so hopefully soon after we get into a home :) We spent a lot of time running around town over the weekend, picking up everything we needed and used Sunday as a chill day. I cooked our first meal in a few weeks so that was nice. We've enjoyed eating out, but it's so nice to know what is really going into your food and you can get all the flavours you want. Mexican food here is decent but I think it still lacks the extra spice that I'm used to in Tex-Mex food. We have yet to find our Pappasito's equivalent, but have a list of places to try. I am loving the Asian food options though:) Anyhow, here's a taste of the apt and some other random photos.
My bathroom
Gerald's room and bathroom
So organized!




















Am I the only one cracking up at the floating iPad in the bathroom picture? Haha funny!
ReplyDelete