Thursday, 25 October 2012

Rain Rain Go Away...

Right now, I am sitting in our hotel room in Boracay, it's raining, there's a typhoon warning and all boats are cancelled for the day. It's so beautiful out here and it's a shame that we can't enjoy the awesome snorkeling but hopefully we can get some beach time in later this afternoon. However, I'm actually not counting on that since forecast does say 90% chance of rain.

We've been traveling for almost a good two weeks and have done so much! I figured I'll take the time to update a little bit on our adventures before doing a full blog:)

Bali seems like ages ago already but I still can't forget the amazing experience we had:

Where: Ubud
Stay: Four Seasons at Sayan
What: Day tour of volcano, rice fields and temples, Balinese dance performance, good eats, spa-ahhh, village walk, meeting Wayan from ELP, and shopping for local goodies

We decided to check out the beach side of Bali so switched hotel for a night and visited two of the towns:

Where: Seminyak
Stay: Potato Head Beach Club
What: Stopped here on the way to Jimbaran Bay for lunch and a quick stroll through town.

After visiting Seminyak, I'm really glad we decided not to actually stay here. It was nice but too busy and commercialized for what we wanted to experience in Bali. We opted for a quieter part of the beach towns:

Where: Jimbaran Bay
Stay: Four Seasons Jimbaran
What: ceramic shopping, plunge pool, sunset on the beach, seafood barbecue yumminess!

Our stay at Jimbaran was short and sweet. I was sad to say goodbye to Bali as the people there were so wonderful and it just put me in a happy place ;) We boarded the plane for Manila to meet the fam-bam for some good times!

Where: Manila
Stay: Intercontinental Hotel
What: lots of shopping malls, road trip to family's childhood homes, riding a jeepney and tricycle, visiting schools, cemeteries, CVX, karaoke, clubbing, Apl.de.ap, Filipino celebrities,spa-ahhh, and still a few more days to go there...

The Cristobals-Penas decided to take a beach break and head to Boracay for a few days without the parentals and that is where I am now.

Where: Boracay
Stay: Two Seasons, Station 1
What: white sand, turquoise water, beach, seafood market and hobbit house...one more day of exploring today so we shall see what we find

After writing all this, it's still raining:( but we shall make the most of it. Maybe some shopping or drinking...haha!

Pictures are plentiful but will have to wait to post them, sorry. In the meantime, follow my Facebook, I've been very active at checking us in so we can remember all the places we've been.

Have a great day and see y'all soon!! Missing everyone!

Nairs

1 comment: