The Old Pharmacy - The Old Pharmacy wine bar, as the name suggest, used to be a pharmacy so the waiters had shirts with a stethoscope on it. I thought it was cute; our waiter was born and raised in Lisbon so it was fun to talk to him as well. I read about the Esporao Wines from Cool Hunting recently so wanted to give it a try. I tried a white from this label and would definitely recommend it; I hear the reds are even better.
Garrafeira Alfaia - Very local spot, with good food, wine, and nice people! We came here twice since we enjoyed it so much the first time.
Sol e Pesca - What use to be a fishing supply shop, turned into a bar that serves canned fish with your wine. It was a fun place, super laid back and good wine.

Povo - we enjoyed some strong sangria and a great fado performance by the beautiful, Christina Andrade. Fado is unique to Lisbon and we were glad we got to enjoy a bit of it. Thanks Taryn & Bianca for inviting us.
That was all the time we had to explore Lisbon wine bars. There are so many around town and each of them unique. Don't forget to check one or two out when you visit. Also, you can visit the Institute of Port Wine, if you're into that. We stepped in and stepped right back out, it wasn't our thing...hehe. Salud!





No comments:
Post a Comment