Friday, 23 August 2013

Porches Pottery

It seems every where we travel, I try to find a pottery shop. I use to love all things contemporary and modern, but am now moving towards having a mixed style. I'm starting to really appreciate pottery, antiques, colorful things, mix match everything, but still staying in that clean, contemporary style. We don't own anything rustic, but I'm loving that too! I think I want my future house to be a mix of rustic, modern, contemporary with a bit of character and flair! That's just my Pinterest board speaking! My house will probably look like some one threw up in it, ha!

Well, we heard that Porches Pottery was a popular place to visit and shop in The Algarve so after a day of beach bumming, we went in for a stroll. I loved the simple patterns of the pottery and colors, very relaxing. There were so many items to look at and choose from.








All of the houses and villas along the coast here had name plates outside and I thought, how nice would it be to have one of those in our future home. So, we got one made, along with other items. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more happier with the choice. Kudos to Gerald for having an eye out for some of these items as I was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't decide on anything! The house name was my idea though and I can't wait to put it up somewhere. The only thing about this pottery is that it's not oven safe, however, dishwasher safe, so that's fine because I don't plan on cooking anything in them.


Well, that's more pottery to add to our collection and no where to store them. If you happen to see them randomly placed in our house, you know why. We are off to visit some friends in Stavanger, Norway this weekend, so I best get to getting ready, yay! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend =)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm beginning to want to start a collection of pottery as well. There are a few places here that I've been eyeing, I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So behind in my blog reading! :-) LOVE that pottery. When I lived in Spain, my host mom gave me a beautiful bowl that is similar colors/patterns to the ones in your photos (mostly blue and white). I love it... and can't wait to get it out of storage one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete