When we arrived home last night, I called my mom to let her know we got in okay and she informed me that my "adopted" grandpa had passed away =( He was ill for a while now with cancer, so we knew it was coming, but it's just so sad to say goodbye to another family member.
Saoroth Keo and his wife Yani Keo, took my mother underneath their care when my mom first arrived in the US, without my grandparents. My mom lived with them until she married my dad, whom the Keo's introduced. They pretty much adopted my mom until she was reunited with my grandparents again. Growing up, we always referred to them as our grandparents and their kids were like brothers and sisters to my mom. They were our second family, hence, why I call him my "adopted" grandpa. I got to see him briefly when I was home for my grandpa's funeral and he was already feeling so weak. He and Yani just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago and my mom mentioned that he could barely walk. Although it's sad to see him go, we all know he is now in a better place and I just wanted to pay tribute to a man that helped my family and lots of other families live a generous life, like the one he did. May you rest in peace "Lok Tha".
 |
| Grandpa Nov, Me, Gerald, Grandpa Saoroth |
 |
The Keo's at their 65th Wedding Anniversary
Photo Courtesy of: My mom |
No comments:
Post a Comment