We've been doing a lots of shopping for the house, trying out new Bako restaurants and meeting more new friends. Overall, life is good.
I met a group of girls at a BBQ, hosted by one of Gerald's coworker and his wife and since then, I've been hanging out with them once a week. We've gotten together for a Monday lunch and a couple of Wednesday girls night. I think we are hoping to make this a regular thing:) Everyone has a kid but me, which is different than the girls in Aberdeen, but I've enjoyed learning about the mommy aspects of life. We are now talking about what babies are eating instead of what wine we should be drinking. I guess it's time for me to actually start paying attention to these things if we want to start a family soon...hehe. l'm also hoping to get them playing mahjongg soon so we will see!
We found a couple of new eats...
Chef choice noodles
Hi Sushi
Trader Joe's frozen Indian food! {to fulfill my Indian fix!}
I went on a job "interview" to discuss possible opportunities with an IT company that works for Chevron. It went well but there are no positions available right now. One of the managers of the company was given my name from an old Chevron colleague so he gave me a call to see what I was interested in. Guess that's a start to this getting back to work thing. I miss working but also enjoy my time right now so just letting it be and seeing what happens;)
The contractors are back at the house right now and we are hoping to have a completed house soon! Now for the fun part, decorating :)
Anyhow, that's about it for the Bako Life. Here are some random pictures for you to enjoy! Due to the new iOS update, I can no longer import my iPhone photos onto my computer so I'm blogging via blogger now. I hope to resolve that soon, because it's quite annoying!
CVX girls! Bowling night and fish and chips! {supposedly the bowling alley has the best fish and chips in town, but it's no where near The Bay fish and chips!} Can you guess who has the real bump?














Sounds like you guys are adjusting really well to Bako life. You are always so good at making friends wherever you go- that is something I really struggle with.
ReplyDelete