Friday, 21 March 2014

Tie One On for Tots

My spring 2014 Junior League provisional class is putting on an event to make tie fleece blankets to donate to a local charity in a few weeks. 

{sorry, only way I could insert the flyer}


I had some free time on my hand and decided to practice a little before the actual event so made one for Miss Kylie:)

I just YouTube'd tie fleece blanket and followed these simple instructions....


I used 1 yd of fabric each and cut the corners 3x5, with 1 inch fringe. It was super easy and took me about 45 minutes. 







TA-Da!! I'm so proud of myself. This is a perfect size for a baby, maybe toddler. If you want a bigger one, just google what size fabric you need. Making this makes me want to start sewing properly now! I think I shall take some classes:)

Now go make yourself a tie blanket!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I badly want a seeing machine and to take classes…maybe I'll start when Riya is a little older:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally get one! we are getting old way too fast, but it's fun! haha

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm... is it easy enough for me to make one? :) Love the idea and could always use extra blankets around the house.

    ReplyDelete