The one to the right...

After a few more shopping trips, we ended up at Lumber Liquidators again and found an engineered hardwood, with the color we wanted. However, we were a bit hesitant because the wood came in difference sizes and we weren't sure how that was going to look. By this point, I was pretty tired and just wanted to get the darn thing started so we just went for it and couldn't have been happier.
They laid down the floors, added new 3 1/2 moldings, painted the moldings, cleaned the floors all in about a week or so. There were 3 guys working at a time. Now that everything is done and kind of settled with the floors, the only thing that drives me crazy are the glue spots around the house! I mean they cleaned the majority of it off but there are still spots that are hard to get off because the floors aren't the shiny sealed kind so it gets in all the grooves and stuff. Anyways, lets just say I've put in my fair share of floor scrubbing for a lifetime. Ha. We will see how well I can keep these floors cleaned. Here are some pictures! The house looks totally different now!
Before
During
After
Stay tuned for the guest bathroom updates!




Aw, LOVE the floors. Just makes it look like a totally different house. Our new rental is covered in tile and carpet and I just think it would look much better with wood or at least a better ceramic. Oh well. I just have to tell myself 'it's just a rental' for two more years...You're house looks amazing and I can't wait to visit! Which room is your mahjong room?;)
ReplyDelete