After two weeks of eating, drinking, and doing a whole lot of nothing, I got off my butt and hiked 11 miles up and around
Clachnaben with the AWA. I was actually looking forward to this hike since I haven't been out in a while and I wanted to see all the beautiful fall colors. In addition to fall colors, I also got to see some snow and ice at the top of the mountain. We definitely got four seasons in one day during this hike. About 20 minutes in, we heard gunshots (I thought it was fireworks), and saw about 5 guys hunting pheasants. We were delayed for about 10 minutes since we were heading towards the line of fire. While waiting, we got to observe some Scottish hunting and see the dogs at work. I got a little lesson on how the whole hunting thing works from my friend Jill, so I feel a bit more educated now...hehe. Overall, the hike was great but pretty long. Tanvi and I nicknamed it "Clach-never-end," since the route felt like it just kept going and going. I'm glad I went out and did it though because I got some amazing photos. Although, I wish I had my SLR with me, but after two weeks of carrying 5 pounds with you at all times, I needed a break!
Happy Fall from Aberdeen!
Well, your pictures came out better than mine, and I did lug my 5 pound camera with me:) Great shots Nary!
ReplyDelete