After a full 24 hour of travel time from door to hotel, we had no choice but to be ready to explore PNH. Visa process was simple this time, no one asking for money! I didn't even know it, but they gave me a permanent visa last time so i didn't have to bother with it this time around:) Visa is good for as long as J have my passport.
Since our time here is short, we started off taking a little driving tour to the markets as soon as we got in. We got yummy fried bananas, visited my poor little cousin in the hospital (he had a bad fever but he should be fine) and then stuffed our faces with a Khmer buffet. Gerald was all about the meat on a stick and grilled prawns with various dipping sauces.
Now, back at the Willow House hotel getting some rest for our grand tour of Phnom Penh tomorrow. I did the tour the last time I was here without a guide so this time I hope to learn more as we hired an English speaking guide. Speaking of English, I'm glad I can translate for Gerald because none of my family here speaks English;) Or else he would just be clueless! Found out today we can possibly visit the late former kings body at the palace tomorrow and that Barack Obama is making his way to Cambodia next week for the ASEAN summit. This will be the first time a current president has ever visited this country, so I totally praise him for that; showing that what is going in here with the leadership issues is important enough.
Okie dokes time for bed! After a restless sleep on the plane, my body is crashing. Night.







No comments:
Post a Comment