Thursday, 22 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving - Thai Style

Today didn't really feel like Thanksgiving without our friends or family around but we made the most of it. This has been the first Thanksgiving without a turkey for as long as I can remember. No fear though, my brother was sweet enough to send me a picture of the one he was cooking up for the family tonight. Thanks brother!

Instead, we met up with one of my cousins, who I've only met once before, and had a nice Thai style meal at an interesting restaurant, Cabbage and Condoms! The restaurant serves to promote better understanding of family planning. At the end of our meal, instead of mints, they passed out condoms...haha. They also had all these different mannequins clothed in condoms. Gerald quite liked the Tiger Woods one. Anyhow, my cousin said a lot of foreigners enjoy it there so we gave it a go and it was pretty good. We replaced the turkey for fresh steam fish instead:)

Anyhow, just wanted to give thanks for a few things before I hit the sack...

1. Family and friends, new and old. Life without y'all will be nothing.
2. Good health. Pushing thirty and still going strong.
3. Opportunity to travel and see the world! Opening my eyes to all that is around me and making me a better person by experiencing it.
4. Internet. For allowing me to keep in touch with everyone even though we're miles away:)
5. A wonderful husband to share all of the above with.

I am truly a thankful girl and it's not just today, but everyday that I think about these things. Hope everyone enjoys their meals and time with love ones.

Happy Thanksgiving from Bangkok!!













1 comment:

  1. OMG the condoms are too funny!!! We missed you guys last night...hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete